General info

¡Buenas!

This weeks post is more informational about my days of work, free days and for last some tips for you.

To begin with, I live in a Airbnb with other three women (1 is rarely home) about 20 min walking from downtown (and my office). So far so good. Almost everyday I go to work at 10 am and leave at 18 pm. Usually shops, boutiques, museums open at 10 am. In addition, I've heard that it's common to have TWO breakfasts a day! So that is why, I believe, people in Spain have their dinner and go to bed so late. My hosts, for example, eat dinner normally at 21 pm or 22 pm. And lunch is from 13 pm to 16 pm. 



Talking about food, I have to recommend this well-known café in Málaga called La Canasta. The salad I ordered is ceaser chicken salad and ginger/orange/carrot juice. Yummy. 


For me these eating habits are a bit difficult to get used to, because after all in my home country, Finland, we tend to have our lunch and dinner many hours earlier in comparison to Spain. But humans are very flexible beings so we can get used to almost anything, right?

My free days are every Saturday and Sunday. I try my best to do and try as many things as possible on those days, because in the week I don't have much time to explore places. Normally after work I'm pretty tired so I just go to the groceries store, cook some meal for the next day, do my laundry and go to bed. Adult life. So Fun!

So what do I do at work after all? So far me and my Finnish colleague (an intern as well) have been doing mostly paperwork. Sometimes we go to the apartments that we rent to the tourists, among with an experienced co-worker, to learn how check-in is done. So maybe in a few weeks we will be able to do check-ins without supervision!


The view from the office

Now some tips for you:

1. Before you book an Airbnb, please make sure the essentials are included in the price such as washing machine, oven and/or microwave, wifi etc.
2. Practice as much spanish as you can before the intership. You will need it.
3. Most used words in Spanish are: Hola, Buenas, Por favor, Sí/No, Gracias and Hasta luego. (Sometimes in that order).
4. In a restaurant, when the waitress/waiter puts a basket of bread on your table, ask to take it back in case you don't want it ´cause usually it's not for free. 
5. When you accidentally bump into someone in the street say: Disculpame (Sorry). And when you want someone to move aside so you can pass through say: Perdona (Excuse me). Don't be like a Finn in those situations haha
6. Save a lot of money to come here. Two to five months without getting salary is hard. Be prepared to pay for everything. Rent, food, transport etc.

That's for this week ¡Hasta luego!

P.S: The song that have been haunting me for the whole week:


ENJOY!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Experience with guests

Alhambra of Granada

My work at Living4malaga