Experience with guests

¿Qué tal?

So far I've done quite a few check ins, so I've experienced all kind of problems and situations with guests. Sometimes happens to not get the door opened so I have to call for somebody's help, forget the pen so the guests can't sign the contract or forget to tell some information that might be important like what to do during the checkout (which is just leave the keys of the apartment on the table and close the door).

Mistakes are gonna happen and everybody here understands that. Even the staff that have been here for years make mistakes sometimes. So don't you worry if things don't go as planned at first. With mistakes you learn.

For you that is reading this and will start working at Living4malaga, keep this on mind before the check in: 1. Don't forget the PEN (without one the guest won't be able to sign the contract) 2. Don't forget the contract itself  'cause you know...3. Don't forget the credit card machine in case the payment is still pending. 4. JUST RELAX. All will be fine.

I wished that in the first week of work I would have visited most of the apartment to see how they look like, how to get there, find out where is the closest supermarket and rubbish container. If I had done that, I would know much better the apartments and would get easily there when doing a check in. Also the client service would be better because I would know almost everything about the apartment.

Once a guest asked me if there was a hot tub in the terrace. Well, I didn't know what to respond to that because I didn't know there was a terrace in the first place! HAHA. Another guest complained about the heater/air conditioner not working and that was 30 min before the end of my shift! Well, I called my colleague and he told me to move the guests to another apartment. For that the guest was so happy that she hugged me and even gave me kisses on the cheeks. Yes. She did.

Even if a situation looks impossible at first it does have a solution. There is a solution for everything. It's just matter of time so don't stress yourself or panic.


Here is just a drink called Horchata. Very famous in Spain. When you order one of these ask to put cinnamon on top. Just saying ;)

The song of the moment: Jennifer Lopez - El anillo

(Read the lyrics to enjoy the song better)

                                                      ¡Hasta luego!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alhambra of Granada

My work at Living4malaga