Barcelona? Yes, Barcelona.

¿Qué tal? or should I say Que tal estàs?

Last weekend I went to Barcelona! It was one of my Top 15 ''to visit'' places of my bucket list and now it's finally checked . It is definitely one of my favorite places in Spain. Barcelona looks like a whole different country in Spain due to its two official languages Catalan and Spanish. I didn´t know but Catalan is very present in the society. All bus stops, addresses, most of advertisments, name of shops are in Catalan. It felt like I was in a totally different country! That came to me by surprise and I think it is a very interesting fact. Everybody does speak Spanish there but all the rest is in Catalan.

About the architecture... it is unique.  The most known monuments in Barcelona are designed by the same person, Antoni Gaudí!


Parque Güell:




One of the most famous tourist attractions in Barcelona. If you plan to go there BUY TICKETS IN ADVANCE. Don´t make the mistake of going there thinking that the entrance is free like I did HAHA.




These pics are from the free area of the park. Worth visiting as well.


Barcelona has so much to see and to do. Unfortunately, I was there for only two days because I had work the next Monday, so I tried to see as many tourist attractions as humanely possible in two days. The only thing I wish I had time to see is the Pueblo Español. I´ve heard is like a village/outdoor museum with demonstrations of different house styles around Spain. I tried to get in but I was told that it would take at least 1,5h to see everything so I decided not to go there.




 


The fastest and cheapest way to get to Barcelona from Málaga is by airplane. I paid about 120 eur back and forth. Also places I recommend for you to visit if you have an intership here are Granada (Alhambra), Sevilla, Ronda and Torremolinos and Nerja.

And hey! There is only one week left in Spain then I go back to Finland! I´m glad that I got to see other cities besides Málaga and even visit this great city Barcelona. Enjoyed Spain as much as possible so I´ll be going back to Helsinki in peace. 

Restaurant I totally recommend in Barcelona: Flax&Kale. Natural, healthy and tasty food! Loved it. Specially their Brazilian acai bowl! So good guys :9

¡Hasta luego guapos!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Experience with guests

Alhambra of Granada

My work at Living4malaga