Semana Santa in Málaga (biggest Easter in Spain)

!Hola!

This is a late post about Semana Santa (Holy Week) in Málaga. As you may already know Easter was celebrated this year from March 25th until April 1st. In Málaga Easter or Semana Santa is one of the most celebrated events of the year! Many tourists come from other parts of Spain or other countries to see it. The celebration, as far as I know, consists on parades that many schools, organizations participate. There are hundreds of volunteers and tuns of ''Tronos'' (processions), each representing the last days of Jesus Christ until his ressurection.






Many kids collected wax from the big candles to make balls of wax. No sure for what but kids are kids, I guess hehe

 So, what does this have anything to do with my intership? Well I came to Málaga two days before this CRAZY event (crazy because almost everything stops because of the event and I was definetely not prepared for that), so at first was a shock to see all these people in the parade wearing clothes that remided me of the Ku Klux Klan. I was like ''Why are people celebrating this? Makes no sense'' But now I know the parade has nothing to do with rasism after all.

This post is actually for you to know that if you come to Málaga this time of year, be aware of this happening. Be prepared to not be able to go to supermarket and other stores in the center because they will be closed most of days in Holy Week. Also be prepared to receive angry looks when you try to pass through enormous mass of people when you are just trying to get home or work. AND try easter Torrijas! They taste great, especially the ones with sugar on top. Just Google to know what it looks like 'cause I forgot to take a pic of it.

This is for last week (posted just know because I forgot to post this on time. Don't tell anyone yeah? ;P) ¡Hasta luego!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Experience with guests

Alhambra of Granada

My work at Living4malaga